Fill out your e-mail address to receive
my Etsy shop's newsletter containing
special previews and announcements!
Subscribe Unsubscribe

Monday, December 17, 2007

Handmade Bath Products: Milk Bath

Continuing in my posts about cheap gift ideas you can make at home. I made these for the gift exchange portion of the annual ornament party. My thinking behind this is that I've been spending a lot of money on Lush bath bombs and bubble bars so I was trying to come up with maybe making my own versions.

These are all things you can get at your grocery or natural foods grocery store. I bought the glass containers at hobby lobby. They weren't very expensive. You could reuse mason jars or pasta sauce jars but all mine are used for dyeing :) The muslin bags for the bath tea were from my herb supply source and can be bought at places like papermart.

A note about herbs: I used food grade herbs because you (or your giftee) will be absorbing elements of these products while you're soaking in them so it's best to go ahead and use the same thing you'd put in your body.

Along the Garden Path Milk Bath

Along the Garden Path Milk Bath

5 cups powdered milk
3 cups sea salt
3 cups epsom salts
1/4 cup baking soda
2 tablespoons dried lavender, finely ground
1 tablespoon dried lemongrass, finely ground
dash or drop of lavender scented oil

Grind the herbs as finely as possible in an electric grinder. Blend all the dried ingredients in a bowl. Add 1 dash or drop of scented oil and blend. If it doesn't smell strong enough for you (that's doubtful, it will smell strong!) add another dash. Put in a jar and give it a good shake.

Milk Bath detail

Print up a cute label and stick it on.

Include these directions: Scoop 1/2 to 1 cup of mixture under running water. Allow to dissolve then soak and relax. Rinse yourself and the tub off thoroughly then pat dry and enjoy your softly scented skin!

I named it Along the Garden Path because..I dunno it was a pretty name and the bath smelled garden-y. Enjoy! More recipes coming!

No comments: