Fill out your e-mail address to receive
my Etsy shop's newsletter containing
special previews and announcements!
Subscribe Unsubscribe

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Easy (and cheap) handmade ornaments

The annual Aunts' Christmas party was last month and everything I brought was crafted! Yes I'm crazy.

Winter Wonderland Ornaments

This is a fun little ornament idea Cody and I came up with.



I found these empty glass ornaments on sale for half price in October so I stocked up on them. We filled these with Polyfil (I have three bags for some reason) and used very long tweezers to put tiny miniature ornaments, buttons, and decorative doodads inside. I cut pieces of red or green ribbon for hangers. Voila!

Yarn balls

I can't claim the original idea for this but I can't remember who came up with it either. I saw it on a blog last year and thought it was incredibly cool.



I took more of those glass balls and filled them with red or green sparkly novelty fun fur yarn. It took maybe 3 yards each? Shook them gently, put on the top and used a bit of red or green ribbon for a hanger. Best use of fun fur ever.

I tried this same idea with roving and other yarn but the fun fur really looked best.



Yay for clear glass ornaments!

Next post I'll tell you how I made bath products for a party gift but I have to go dye more yarn now.

No comments: